Making it work for you
How do we get going?
How do we get our teachers to do it, if we don’t think they can? Or how do we do it ourselves if we are not sure where to start? And do we have to throw out all our curriculum plans and start again? And is there any point in doing anything now when the whole curriculum is being reviewed and we shall have to do what we are told anyway?
A Design Checklist
- At then end of this experience, what is the key thing children will have learned?
- Is it really necessary to learn this at all?
- If they learn that, what level will they attain?
- What key skills and competencies will they be developing?
- Will the experience really bring about this intended learning? And is it all necessary?
- How long will it take? (Does it really need to take half a term??)
- Where should it take place? (Classroom, school grounds, wider locality?)
- Who should be involved? (Teacher, parents, others?)
- Couldn’t we make it even more interesting?